Request Angelo for Your Next Event!
Angelo Henderson is available for speaking engagements. Click here to complete our online request form.
Stephanie L. Arnold, former reporter, Philadelphia Enquirer
Angelo epitomizes all the qualities needed for strong leadership in these staggering and devastating times . . . his energy and personable demeanor is shadowed only by his incredible journalistic credentials complimented by a brilliant and innovative plan to revitalize this organization and get more African-American thinking critically and enthusiastically about reclaiming their place in this industry.
Mr. Henderson travels across the country lecturing and preaching. He has taken his message to organizations including the U.S. Department of Energy’s Small Business Conference in Orlando, the Nevada Purchasing Council in Las Vegas and national writing workshops in Hartford, Conn., Wilmington, Del., and Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. He’s also presented lectures to the American Society of Newspaper Editors’ workshop for high school journalism professors, high school journalism students in a summer program ran by the Asian American Journalists Association, the Freedom Forum’s Diversity Institute and numerous workshops at the national conventions of the National Association of Black Journalists. Mr. Henderson has held training seminars for newspapers including The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Charlotte Observer, the Cleveland Plain Dealer and the Providence Journal.
His other previous clients also represent various colleges, including Alabama State University, Brown University, Dartmouth College – the Amos Tuck School of Business, Indiana University Southeast, the University of Iowa and the University of Kentucky.
His speaking experience includes the following:
|Ask a Pro: Angelo Henderson was among the best journalists in the nation who were asked to discuss how they got started and to explain their jobs to future journalists.|
- Ask a Pro: Angelo Henderson was among the best journalists in the nation who were asked to discuss how they got started and to explain their jobs to future journalists.
- Guest Speaker; Booker T. Washington Business Association, Two-way Street Meeting, Detroit, MI.
- Deacon Ordination Sermon: “A Message for Your Midnights,” Hartford Memorial Baptist Church.
- Workshop speaker, Unity Convention, joint conventions of the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ), the National Association of Hispanic Journalists, the Asian American Journalists Association and the Native American Journalists Association, Seattle, WA.
- Guest Speaker, Silver Anniversary, Bichitra , Bloomfield Hills, MI.
- Introduction and theme presentation; Theater Production of “Strong Men: the Sequel” by Colored Images. 1515 Broadway. Detroit, MI.
- Keynote Speaker: “The Power in Rest”, Martin Luther King Prayer Breakfast, Indiana University Southeast, Jeffersonville, IN.
- Keynote speaker, “Contrary Winds”, Jefferson Community College African-American Students of Excellence Awards, Louisville, KY.
- Keynote Speaker, regional conference, National Association of Black Journalists, Davenport, IA.
- Guest speaker, Professional Development Colloquium, Florida A&M University, Division of Journalism, Tallahassee, FL.
- Baccalaureate speaker, Louisville Male High School, Sallie Phillips Durrett Auditorium, Louisville, KY.
- Speaker, Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, Workshop on Journalism, Race and Ethnicity, New York, NY.
- University of Kentucky President Lee T. Todd, Jr. with 2002 Joe Creason lecturer Angelo Henderson. Henderson ('85) CIS/JOU, won the 1999 Pulitzer Prize for distinguished feature writing.
- Keynote speaker, “Embracing the Hurricanes of Life”, Dartmouth College, the Amos Tuck School of Business Administration, Minority Business Executive Program, Hanover, NH.
- Speaker, “The View from the Bottom”, National Association of Black Journalists, national convention, Business Writers’ Breakfast, Phoenix, AZ.
- Master of ceremonies, National Association of Black Journalists national convention, Gospel Brunch with Yolanda Adams, Phoenix, AZ.
- Keynote speaker, Spirit of Diversity Job Conference, sponsored by the Newspaper Association of America and the American Society of Newspaper Editors, Detroit, MI.
- Keynote speaker, “The Business of Living,” the Michigan Minority Business Development Council Annual Buyer/Supplier Luncheon and Expo, Cobo Hall. Detroit, MI.
- Sermon, “Follow Your Dreams”, Financial Wellness series, Holy Ghost Cathedral, Detroit, MI.
- Keynote speaker, two-day writing workshop, “How to Find the Remarkable in Common Places,” The Providence Journal, Providence, RI.
- Angelo Henderson attended the recent National Association of Black Journalists Convention in Milwaukee.
- Speaker, Brown University, Providence, RI.
- Keynote speaker, “On the Wings of Journalism, Flying to Heights Unknown,” University of Iowa annual School of Journalism and Mass Communication Fourth Estate Banquet, Iowa City, IA.
- Keynote speaker, Wilmington Writer’s Workshop, sponsored by the (Wilmington) News Journal and the Poynter Institute, Wilmington, DE.
- Keynote speaker, “The Winds of Writing,” Hartford Writer’s Workshop, sponsored by the Hartford Courant and the Poynter Institute, Hartford, CT.
- Keynote speaker and trainer, The Plain-Dealer in Cleveland, OH.
- Keynote speaker, “A Lesson from the Trees”, Douglas High School Homecoming of Calloway Countians & Friends, Murray State University, Murray, KY.
- Keynote speaker, Oakland Executives Association, Oakland Hills Country Club, Bloomfield Hills, MI.
- State Representative Mary Waters, Michigan Senator Martha Scott, Mildred Gaddis and Angelo Henderson
- Keynote speaker, “Standing United in Tears,” the Nevada Purchasing Council, 7th Annual Minority Business Opportunity Day Corporate Appreciation Luncheon, Las Vegas, NV.
- Keynote speaker, “The Ministry of Journalism,” Joe Creason Lecture, the University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY.
- Keynote speaker, “A Higher Calling,” the Baptist Communicator Association annual convention, Louisville, KY.
- Keynote speaker, Alabama State University, Senior Journalism Awards Program, Birmingham, AL.
- Convention speaker, “Facing the Hurricanes in the Business of Living”, U.S. Department of Energy Prime Contractors and Federal Partners 3rd Annual Small Business Conference, Orlando, FL.
- Class commencement speaker, Ecumenical Theological Seminary, Detroit, MI.
- Keynote speaker, “A New Day, A New Way”, the American Society of Newspaper Editors’ 2nd Annual High School Journalism Institute for teachers, Ball State University, Muncie, IN.
- Sermon, “Don’t Be Confused” Men’s Day weekend, St. Stephen Baptist Church, Louisville, KY.
- Michigan State Representative Mary Waters, Angelo Henderson, Mildred Gaddis and co-host Greg Bowens at a live election coverage WCHB -Inside Detroit show
- Keynote speaker and guest trainer on writing, The Charlotte Observer, Charlotte, N.C.
- Keynote speaker, Knight Ridder Regional Writer’s Workshop, Charlotte, N.C.
- Keynote speaker, “The Power of Words,” South Florida Writer’s Conference, sponsored by the Sun-Sentinel and the Poynter Institute, Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.
- Graduation speaker, “the Freedom Forum Diversity Institute, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN.
- Keynote speaker, “Tell it Like it is – Making it Plain”, JCAMP, high school program for gifted students of color, sponsored by the Asian American Journalists Association, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA.
- Moderator, “A Brighter Night”, a fund-raiser for Interim House, a shelter for victims of domestic violence, Hyatt Regency, Dearborn, MI.
|University of Kentucky President Lee T. Todd, Jr. with 2002 Joe Creason lecturer Angelo Henderson. Henderson ('85) CIS/JOU, won the 1999 Pulitzer Prize for distinguished feature writing.|