Mildred Gaddis, host of "Inside Detroit" on Newstalk AM 1200 WCHB
Over the last several years I've developed a renewed respect for this Pulitizer prize winning broadcast journalist. I watched Angelo Henderson challenge a corrupt political system here in Detroit while other journalists turned their heads and were afraid to do so. A high level of corruption that was eventually toppled. Angelo Henderson was right! Kwame Kilpatrick was convicted of two felonies and served jail time.
- `Fantasy' Stylists Go Toe to Toe, and It's Really Hair-Raising
- In Detroit, Blacks Turn the Staid Obit Into a Glossy Art
- A Clerk’s Salary, an Expensive Lifestyle, Then a Night of Terror
- For Tone Caruthers, a Quick Raid and Slow Torture
- Bart's Story: A Detroit Kidnapping Shines a Grim Light On a Mutating Crime